Signing up at the very first Nigerian betting site you come across via a Google search may just turn out to be a disappointing experience. You must be willing to research and compare a variety of Nigerian online bookies to find one that can best satisfy your requirements. To find the best Nigerian online betting sites, you must compare sports markets covered, promotions & bonus offers, betting odds, customer support, layout, betting interface, and various other features.
The Government of Nigeria has legalized forms of gambling such as lotteries, sports betting, pools, racing, and certain casino games such as roulette, blackjack, and slots. Nigerians love betting on a variety of sports such as basketball, cricket, and tennis and football betting is a hot favorite.
If you just cannot wait to start placing sports bets, we advise you to be patient. Resist the temptation of opening a betting account at the very first Nigerian sports betting site you come across. Instead, spend a few days weighing the pros and cons of each site. You may also decide to sign up at multiple Nigerian sports betting sites for the maximum benefits.
Guide to Finding the Best Sites to Bet on Football
Nobody can state that a particular betting website is the best as it ultimately depends on what you are looking for in a betting site. For example, if you are looking for a simple online betting product, you may feel lost at large gambling portals that offer not only online sports betting, but also online casino games, online poker, online bingo, virtual betting, arcade games, and others.
The best sites for you is one that can best satisfy your requirements. Since requirements vary from one bettor to the other, we cannot declare any of our favorite Nigerian sites as the best.
You are, therefore, the most qualified person to identify the best online bookie. The following guidelines may be of some help to you:
- Ownership & Licensing:If a betting site is silent about ownership and licensing, it cannot be trusted. If the website does not provide the details you are looking for, contact a customer support agent and ask them about it. If the site is honest, it should be willing to give you the requested information.
- Sports Markets:Find out if the online bookie offers the best odds on your favorite sports markets. Find out if the bookie you are considering signing up at offers adequate live betting and pre-match betting options.
- New Player Bonus:Most bettors don’t really care about this one, but it is always nice to register at a betting site that welcomes players with a bonus.
- Promotions:Promotions make the betting environment exciting and lucrative. So sign up at an online bookie that runs a lot of promotions.
- Customer Support:The best bookies offer 24/7 customer support through social networking sites, phone, email, and live chat. Betting sites that do not offer a toll-free phone number or 24/7 live support are best avoided.
- Banking Methods:The best Nigerian bookies offer banking methods that are safe and convenient for Nigerian bettors. Avoid bookies that do not offer banking methods that are familiar with.
How to Sign Up at the Best Nigerian Online Bookmakers
If you have not yet created an account at an odds site, this guide will be of great help to you:
- Read multiple reviews of betting sites. Some of them are available on this portal.
- Make a list of all the pros & cons of the betting sites you are interested in.
- Compare the pros and cons of multiple betting sites to identify a site that can best meet your requirements.
- Discuss the betting sites at online forums and social networking sites to find out what other bettors are saying about them.
- You can also register at many online bookies for the maximum benefits.
- To open an account, you just have to visit the online bookie, fill in a simple online registration form, and verify your email address and/or phone number.
We have researched and compared a number of top-rated odds sites. Read on to find out about the pros and cons of some top bookies licensed in Nigeria:
Bet9ja Nigeria is a safe, secure, and licensed online bookie for Nigerian bettors. Its top selling points are its sports betting markets, native sports betting app for Android, casino games, and a generous new player bonus of up to NGN100,000. Since the bookie offers an old mobile version of its product that is lighter and data friendly, you can expect a decent betting experience even on old mobile devices.
On the downside, Bet9ja does not offer any live streaming or live chat option. And its customer support is not available round the clock.
One of the biggest online bookies in Nigeria, Merrybet is home to some unique features such as interaction on social networking sites, live support, and a forum. If you lose a stake at Merrybet, you can get 5% cashback on it. In addition, there is a cashout feature that allows you to minimize losses and maximize profits on a bet.
Merrybet doesn’t give its bettors much to complain about, but we did hear some complaints about the poor quality of Merrybet Lite, the online bookie’s light mobile version.
1xBet Nigeria is a huge online gambling site that offers much more than online sports betting. Customer support is great, you can choose from a variety of betting markets, and place bets on bingo, casino, poker, and lucky number games. The only problem with 1xBet Nigeria is that it is too large and too confusing.
Sign Up at Nigerian Odds Sites Now
We have listed the pros & cons of only a handful of Nigerian online bookies above. However, you will find comparative reviews of many more top Nigerian sports betting sites on this website. Carefully read reviews, testimonials, and pros & cons before registering at any Nigerian online bookie.